Katy is originally from Charlotte, North Carolina and received her degree in Recreation & Park Management from Appalachian State University in 2011. Following graduation, Katy worked as a Recreation Specialist for Mecklenburg County Park & Recreation. In March 2015, she was hired by the Town of Indian Trail Parks & Recreation where her main responsibilities include marketing, programming and park projects. Katy is also the East Central Regional rep for the NRPA’s YPN State Associations Committee and is active in the NCRPA YPN with Student Outreach. Outside of work Katy enjoys spending time with her husband and keeping up with her two toddlers.
Katy is Raising the Bar:
- By showing up online and offline in so many different professional networks. She gives VALUE.
- By understanding her own habits and implementing strategies that would catch her own attention on social media.
- By empathizing with her audience so that they can relate to their agency
- By implementing systems to implement creative ideas from staff
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Strategies to get your audience to tag their friends and engage with your office
- How creating a REACTION in people will help them stop and pay attention.
- How one of Indian Trail’s event promotion on Facebook reached 1,000,000 people!
- Why Awesome PRIZES will promote engagement and inspire people to share your post.
- How to successfully and strategically plan out social media content without burning out
- Katy is involved with the following networks –> NRPA Young Professional Network & Mentoring Young Professionals
- Indian Trail Facebook Page and Instagram
Ok! So now that you’ve new creative strategies for marketing your programs and services, how do you feel? Let me know in the comments with a GIF!