Site Plans and Maps
Imagine flying over a park or facility and seeing a birds eye view of the land. Site plans and maps provide that perspective that you need to determine the specs of the building.
The most common elements of a site plan include:
- property lines and boundaries
- existing or proposed structures
- space between buildings
- property lines, parking lines, streets, and driveways
- landscape features
- ground elevations
- utilities and easements
A good checklist includes:
- Is the site plan legitimate? Does the plan outline all of the requirements set forth by the agency?
- Is the plan compliant with standards? Does it meet zoning and coding standards?
- Is the plan consistent with the master plan?
- Does this include community involvement or working with other agencies that might be affected?