A safety plan includes regular inspections of common public areas:
- facility floors
Routine inspections may include:
- things to look out for
- how often inspections should take place
- be consistent and on time
- create templates and follow checklists
- report safety and security problems and follow up
- track reports for trends
Safety and Security Plans may include:
- Fire protection and code – extinguisher locations, exit locations, routine smoke detectors, etc.
- Safety items such as first aid kits, AED systems, eye wash systems, weather radios, etc.
- Security siange such as rules, warning signs, etc.
- Proper lighting recommendations
- Fencing as barricades – temporary and permanent
Evacuation plans should also be developed for each building and recreation area. Special events should also have evacuation plans.