In this episode, I had the great opportunity to interview Anthony Iracki, MS, CPRP, for an exciting conversation about professional development in the field of parks and recreation. As a young professional, Anthony has some truly incredible insights that are applicable for both current and future leaders. You’ll love this one. Please share it.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Love where you Live by Peter Kageyama
The Mentor Leader by Tony Dungee
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it!
Anthony is Raising the Bar:
- By reminding professionals that putting your mental and physical health first is actually the key to serving others best
- By encouraging us to use the word “no” as motivation to keep pushing towards long term goals
- By prioritizing FUN back into our job – because that’s what parks and recreation is all about!
- By thinking of collaboration as a positive endeavor rather than a threat
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How current leaders in the field can help prepare the next generation
- The steps that students and young professionals can take to work their way up in the field – hint: it’s all about connection.
- What the future of parks and recreation look like when Millennials are in leadership positions
- Tactical approaches for being a leader without the title
- Why “Culture Creators” can have serious positive impact on your community
- And so much more… seriously, you gotta listen to this one!