Angela is a Recreation Services Manager with the City of Henderson in Nevada. And during her 20+ year career, she has worked for recreation facilities in California, Hawaii, Japan, and Nevada. She is a nationally recognized motivationally speaker and has presented at various conferences across the country for the past 10 years. Her areas of focus include promoting positive leadership, strengthening workplace culture and relationships, and inspiring today’s “new age” workforce.
Angela supervises over 250 employees, many of whom are of the millennial generation; through her passion she shares positive insights that help recreational professionals not only survive the millennial invasion, but also learn to embrace it.
Angela is a leader, mentor, wife and a mom. She and her husband Isaac have 5 beautiful children and she enjoys sharing openly and honestly about the trials and tribulations of motherhood and being a strong female leader. Angela believes that the key to building strong relationships is “working for it”, which is something she strives to do each and every day. Being exceptional at something requires dedication, commitment, passion and HARD WORK!
“We’re gonna help you be somebody.” - Angela Summers
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- New ideas and tactics for interviews and onboarding - specific advice for both interviewers and potential employees
- How to set a strong foundation for staff culture from day 0
- Why Imposing our own expectations and using scare tactics on others is not a good way to maintain relationships
Angela is raising the bar by:
- Inspiring her staff and organization to be PROUD of the work they do to improve their community
- Focusing on building relationships with customers and treating them as people first
- Embracing the strengths of the next generation of leaders, and instilling the values - such as loyalty - that may not come naturally