Defined as a systematic way to respond to customers.
Internal customer service
- training other staff – communication, policies, and procedures
- educate others on mission, vision, values
- internal comm. methods vs crisis communication
External Customer Service
- anyone external to organization/agency
- first – must know how customers view the agency – a survey of reputation, past experiences, word of mouth
- then a customer service plan can be implemented.
- set goals, define customers, evaluate needs, define how to deal with performance issues, complaints, training, and education
- who would benefit from this?
- assess and evaluate over time
Steps to resolving customer service
- receive the complaint
- acknowledge complaint – inform of next step
- forward to appropriate person
- handle the complaint
- follow up
- disability is defined as a physical or mental impairment that limits a major life activity
- Agencies cannot refuse a participant because of a disability, charge extra fees, or be excluded
- Separate but specialized accommodations should be offered; cannot be excluded