Hi Friends! I created this page out of the depths of my soul specifically for YOU. The next generation of park leaders. It’s SO important that you are here, because it means that you CARE about the FUTURE of our PARKS and RECREATION.
It means that you’ve gone out of your way to find solutions to problems in your community. And you know what else is amazing?
You’ve identified that parks and recreation can and WILL save the WORLD. And that YOU are part of the solution. So welcome 🙂 I can’t wait to see what the future has in store with you leading the way!
We believe ...
THAT PARKS AND REC IS THE FOUNDATION OF A THRIVING COMMUNITY.
THAT THE WORK WE DO UPLIFTS OUR NEIGHBORHOODS AND BRINGS PEOPLE TOGETHER IN AMAZING WAYS.
THAT OUR FACILITIES CREATE SAFE AND INVITING PLACES FOR CONNECTION, HEALTH, AND WELL BEING.
THAT THIS PROFESSION BUILDS SKILLS AND RELATIONSHIPS THAT EXTEND FAR BEYOND TYPICAL A GOVERNMENT JOB.
THAT OUR PROGRAMS BRING OUT THE VERY BEST IN OUR KIDS, AND BRING OUT THE KID IN ALL OF US.
THAT OUR PROFESSION IS ONE OF PASSION, CALLING, AND A WILLINGNESS TO GIVE BACK TO OUR COMMUNITY.
THAT WE HAVE CAN HAVE FUN AND WORK HARD AT THE SAME TIME.
THAT PARKS AND RECREATION CAN ABSOLUTELY CHANGE LIVES. THAT PLAY ALWAYS LIFE BETTER.
- Navigating Parks and Recreation as a Student with Deonna Micheli
- Future Trends in Recreation Centers with Craig Bouck
- Trust Me Now, Judge Me Later with Pat O’Toole
- Staying Relevant: What does it take? w/ Chris Nunes
- Celebrate Community Milestones! w/ Jason Hendrix from the City of Menifee
- [SOLO] Conference Tips for NRPA 2018 and Beyond!
- [SOLO] Season 2 Reveal! Be involved in the podcast!
- Preparing for the Next Generation of Recreation Leaders with Art Thatcher
- Creative Marketing Strategies for Parks & Recreation Departments W/ Katy Keller
- Engaging the Public: Conservation & Recreation w/ Keri Konald
- Emerging Trends in Parks and Playground Design
- Starting a Parks and Recreation Department from Scratch with Jay Tryon
- Inspiring Pride in Parks & Recreation with Angela Summers
- Collaborating for Public Health in Parks with Jo Burns
- Professional Development for Parks & Rec Leaders with Anthony Iracki
- SOLO] My Love/Hate Relationship with Technology
- Creating, Evaluating, and Marketing Recreation Programs w/ Renee Raney
- Preparing for Summer with Jayna Lang